Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Off and running....


So it's finally here! The triathalon day has arrived. I fly out tomorrow. I'm headed to Texas to compete in the Athens tri. I'm anxious and VERY excited. I've trained hard and hopefully my work will pay off.
Here's a personal tid-bit about me (I don't ever share too much about myself, but here I go...)

I have so many beliefs about what I'm capable of, what I'm not capable of etc. I have this fake hip and dang-it, it gets in my way sometimes! I'm ready to let go of the "I can'ts" and realize the power within me. For some, it may sound cheesy or maybe it's not that big of a deal. For me, it's a HUGE deal. I cannot wait to cross that finish line and kiss the ground. I've had voices (internal and external) in my ear telling me that I'm not capable, not enough. I know in my heart that I am and I'm excited to have some proof after Saturday's race.

So, wish me luck and get excited for some Texas pictures when I get home.

Also, this means I'm "out of the office" till Tuesday. I'll return all calls and emails upon my return. YAHOO!!!! Go me!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Clearly, you already have enough strength to finish with flying colors. :D You'll do awesome!! :D Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. :D

Caitlin Domanico said...

Oh awesome! Have fun and good luck!

Angie Penrose said...

Good for you! You'll do great...can't wait to see and hear all about it! :)

sherri said...

Fabulous! I am so proud of you! This is coming from someone who just started jogging for the first time in my life this past year. I had to get rid of a lot of "I can'ts" as well. Good luck to you! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

I am SO proud of you. I can't wait to hear all about it this weekend..in person! (:

Angie Monson said...

Sara,
There is still availability in the one studio downtown that i will not be joining, but I am also joining another studio that is so awesome on 200 S. and West temple. If you want in call Rich from richbliss.com it has his info on there, he is super nice and rent is $350 a month with no contract!

aNgie

Angie Monson said...

Sara,
There is still availability in the one studio downtown that i will not be joining, but I am also joining another studio that is so awesome on 200 S. and West temple. If you want in call Rich from richbliss.com it has his info on there, he is super nice and rent is $350 a month with no contract!

aNgie

Angie Monson said...

Sara,
There is still availability in the one studio downtown that i will not be joining, but I am also joining another studio that is so awesome on 200 S. and West temple. If you want in call Rich from richbliss.com it has his info on there, he is super nice and rent is $350 a month with no contract!

aNgie

stillindowney said...

hey sara,
loved the post about the race.i just imagine you were flying the entire event--thanks for your inspiration and the other sisters. dean does the marathon, i am just trying to run 10 min. and i CAN. thanks,
:) Martha, in downey, still