Friday, June 12, 2009

Love for Brian

This is Brian Cardall. He is related to my family through marriage. Brian was tragically and unexpectedly killed this week. He leaves behind his wife, Anna and their two year old child. Anna is 6 months pregnant.

Brian's death has rocked us all. You can read his story here:

His Brothers Blog

I'm sure none of us can even begin to imagine what life will now be like for Anna and these two sweet children who have lost their father. In moments like this, we wonder what we can do. Words fail us, yet we try to speak words of comfort. Our arms are heavy with responsibilities, yet we reach them out a little further to hug or hold on, that we may comfort.
There is memorial fund for Anna and Ava and the baby that is coming. This is another way we can try to help. Please donate by contacting either Wells Fargo or Mountain America Credit Union; the fund is called The Brian Cardall Memorial Fund.
Even $1, $5, or $10 will make a difference. It doesn't bring Brian back, but it is a way that we can reach out to offer our compassion and our condolence.
Please, give what you can. And put your arms around your loved ones tonight.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh Sara,
I was so sad when I heard about this unfortunate tragedy. It takes it a little deeper knowing he's related to you.
loves & hugs

Camille said...

You're so lovely.

I'm snugglin' on mason right now, so thanks for the reminder.

This just breaks my heart...

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sara. We love you and your compassion and love is of great comfort to our family at this time. -Alisa

The Brown Family said...

My family also has been touched by this tragedy, not as family members, but as friends. My son, Kai, has a heart condition and as a result we have met Paul Cardall. Paul is amazing in his love for the heart kids and his drive for his/their cause. Paul had just emailed last week because he is working on a video project for his Gracie's song to promote awareness of CHD and is collecting snapshots of heart kids.

The latest post on Paul's blog shows a media clip of the siblings talking about Brian. It is hard to watch because you can see and hear the love they have for their brother. I am amazed at the faith and strength they show. Particularly Paul as the irony of his wait for a heart and the senseless death of his brother- yet he speaks of his concern for a donor family who will have to face what they are now going through in order for him to receive a heart.

The Cardall family is in our prayers. Thank you for bringing more attention to this story.

Love
Kim Brown

Sarah J. said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I was touched by his story and inspiring life. May you too find comfort in the arms of our Savior. Our prayers and thoughts will be with his dear wife and child.

Ally Cox said...

I am so sorry Sara! I heard about this story from my mom and it is so tragic! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

JourneyToTri said...

Sara, big hugs to you and to his family. It is wonderful that you can be there for them at this time. Take care.

Asay Family said...

Sara, I am sorry to hear of this loss. May love and comfort be with his family and all of you who love and will miss him so.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Sara,
I am truly sorry. This is an awful thing to go through and our prayers are with all of you right now. Lotsa love girl.

Tiffani said...

I'm so sorry Sara. I heard about his tragedy and my heart goes out to this family. They sure have been through a lot. Hugs to you.