Thursday, January 7, 2010

Home Sweet Home

30 states in 4 months.

20 more to go.

What a whirlwind the last few months have been! I'm home and trying to pick up the pieces, but feeling a little bit scattered. I'm not sure what to do, where to go, how to be. It's a weird feeling. We experienced so many amazing moments on our journey. Being home feels a bit awkward right now. I'm anxious to get back to work, and back to a normal schedule. Little Oliver is too! The poor kid has been in the naughty corner too many times the past couple days! :)

I can't really put into words how incredibly lucky I feel to have been able to do this. And it's not over. We're totally committed to finishing our trip. We are, however, going to pause for a minute and gather ourselves before we head out again. I need a break from living out of a suitcase. I guess it's true, what they say, that one usually finds that what they've been looking for was there all along! What I have found is that while I love adventure, I love "boring" just as much. So for the next month or so, we are going to try "boring" on for size and then set out again to conquer the rest of this country.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. YOU…my clients, my friends…are a huge reason this trip was possible. I am beyond blessed to have such an incredible job. I can’t even call it a job. I am so looking forward to 2010. It’s going to be a fantastic year. I have such fun things in the works and can’t wait to share them with you all. Watch for some goodies coming your way very soon. This is the year I give back in a big way. You’re going to want in on this, so stay tuned my pretties.

Sara is BACK! C’mon, get excited.


fun in alaska

3 comments:

Camille said...

I'm glad you're home safe and sound my sweet sister. I can't wait to see that RV in my driveway, but for now I'll just stalk you in other ways. Loved that video of Ollie.
xoxo

Staci said...

Welcome home!!! I bet it feels nice to sleep in your own bed again. I am super excited to see more of your beautiful work. It really is my favorite! I hope I can learn from you some day!

Unknown said...

I am glad to have news from you espacially because I lost my blogroll and your blog adress so, because I changed some things on my design and finally I succeed remembering your name (excuse me but I 'm French!) and with concentration... sara boulter!! YES!! And so, you are back from this amazing trip I would like to do one day because i am fond of USA since my first trip there. So... I am waiting for your pictures!!
xoxo