Friday, December 5, 2008

A Christmas Gift

You know someone.

You know someone who's experienced a tragedy, is struggling to stay afloat, is raising kids while holding down more than one job, or is volunteering selflessly despite extenuating personal circumstances.

You know someone who can't afford custom photography, but who would cherish it this holiday season. You know someone who deserves a year-round reminder of their family's spirit, love, and beauty. You know someone. I guarantee it.

I want to know who they are, and I want to give them the chance to experience complimentary custom photography – $500 worth, to be exact. It's in your power to give them the artwork they deserve this holiday season. Oh, and the best part? The person who nominates the winner receives a $100 print credit. What better reason to show some love could there possibly be, people?

The rules:You cannot nominate yourself, and the person nominated must sincerely be incapable of purchasing my services. (Being unable to make mortgage payments for a two-million-dollar-home does not qualify as sincere financial need.) The nominee must reside in Utah, Texas, Nevada, California, Arizona, or New York. Tell me who you know, what they're experiencing, and why they deserve my artwork. Please include a way to contact both your nominee and yourself as well.

Comment on this blog entry to let me know you've entered, and e-mail me the full story: info@saraboulterphotography.com. The winner will be announced on Christmas Eve...get nominating! I can't wait to read all of your entries!

Open your heart to someone this holiday season – and thanks for giving me the opportunity to open mine.

14 comments:

Haley said...

sara! what a beautiful idea :) this is awesome-- can't wait to hear how it goes. happy holidays

Liz, in New York said...

This is such a beautiful idea. You've got me all a flutter with people I could nominate.

This is yet another example of why you are so very lovely. What a beautiful and wonderful gift of yourself.

Tiffani said...

Hey sara...you're awesome. What a neat idea. I'm entering for sure so watch for my e-mail. Can't wait to see you!

Ashlee said...

Sara...what a great idea! Someone will be very lucky to have you!!! Hey what happened this weekend? Did you get feeling better!!! Did you end up going to Town Square? I missed seeing you. Maybe next time!? :(

Rachel said...

Hi Sara! I have been quietly subscribing to your photography blog for a while. Thank you so much. This is a wonderfully generous idea. I have emailed you two nominees to choose from.

Heather said...

Entry sent. You will be someone's angel this Christmas season. You're work is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity. I hope you will share the experience!

Jen said...

That is so sweet and thoughtful and loving. Yeah you. I miss you. xoxox

Asay Family said...

I have sent you my nominatino. :)
What a sweet and selfless act of love. :)

Anonymous said...

You are such a beautiful human being.

Lily said...

I am emailing you my nomination. This girl has had the worst heartache the last year. Please consider her. I know she would love it...

Camille said...

ahhhh my saree. What a beautiful idea. I wish we could read the entries... only because I want my heart to be more soft and tender this christmas season. Thanks for teaching me to be more grateful for what I have.

xo

Anonymous said...

Sara,
My husband grew up near Alex and Lindsey in Brigham. He was always over to Rick and Michelle's. Please tell them hi from Kurtis Koch if you get a chance. This is such a great idea. Please watch for our nomination.

Natalie Redd said...

Sara, you are not only so talented but also so super thoughtful and sweet. What a great giveaway. Hope you have a great Christmas!